Tuesday 16 July 2013

Olympus Stylus TG-2

I'd like to write about some amazing fishing I have had lately, but sadly I have not enjoyed any remotely good sessions. The bright weather conditions, water clarity and lack of wind have made things hard going indeed.
However, if you have been reading my humble little blog, you will know I ruined my camera a short while ago. 

Fishing over sand a lot of the time does have its consequences and kit does tend to et ruined quickly if not looked after.
With that in mind and the other potential hazards that can happen in other places I fish also, I decided to get one of these tough cameras.
After some deliberation, I decided on the Olympus Stylus TG-2.

Now I am certainly no Henry Gilbey when it comes to photography, like most things I do I am mediocre, yet I enjoy fishing and taking photographs.

Now I am not going to bore you to death with all the technical details (I don't understand them all anyway), I shall just say that the Camera is shockproof, freeze proof, waterproof, dustproof, crushproof and thankfully for me, fairly idiotproof. It also has GPS functions (which I have turned off to prevent giving away marks) 12- megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, a TruePic VI image processor, oh and it's capable of shooting videos.
Anyway I am so far quite impressed with the image quality of this little compact, allow me to share some pictures;

Low Light.



It was important to me that the camera took fairly decent photo's in low light, as often the best fishing is to be had in such conditions and everyone likes a dawn or dusk shot right?!

Macro.

lrf Wrasse



Again, a good macro shot was pretty high on my wanted list and was one of the reasons I chose this camera over its competitors.

There are many other functions which I have yet to use and get to grips with, but so far I am liking the camera a lot. 
The beauty and portrait functions are great and very clear, just the ticket for family use, as well as taking pictures of your mates cheesy grin and his fish!

Even as a general point and shoot though, the camera takes some pretty good pictures on the auto function;

Light Game

lrf Wrasse lures



One of the thing I love so much about saltwater lure fishing is, the landscapes I see and changing conditions. The landscape feature is pretty good too.




I have yet to use the camera underwater, I am a bit of a Jesse there and the thought of sticking a camera in saltwater still seems pretty alien to me.

Anyway, you'll now know what camera I'll be using for my reports and I hope to bring you some fishy pictures soon.

Tight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment