Tuesday 25 March 2014

Winners!

Today I received something I have been eager to get my hands on for a little while now; my TLF Team  Bass Trophy!


The Team Bass competition is run on The Lure Forum and is mainly just a bit of fun, however, with such an amount of serious Bass anglers on board, it is fun with a game face.
The Bass teams are made up of four random forum members, so each year you'll have different team mates. 50cm is the qualifying size for entry and the final count is taken from the length of the teams three best fish.

Well this year I was on a team with some cracking anglers, guys who really know their game and boy did they land some fish!
We all had qualifiers, all had fish on the board at various times and all fished our socks off, having some serious fun while at it. 
Sadly I didn't have a fish in the final count but mine was superseded by such an awesome specimen its impossible to feel sour!

So lets see the fish.
Simon Lewis was the first to get a fish on the board and what a stonker at 78cm.


Simon is a serious specimen hunter and I think he has been on the winning team three times in a row now!
Beautiful fish and well deserving of a win.

Next up was David Ansell who caught his fish in Ireland, coming in at a very respectable 64cm.


A lovely fish that no doubt made for a memorable session! 

Lastly; there was Simon Kenny who actually beat his PB three times in one night, culminating in a fine specimen that well and truly knocked my fish off the board.


75cm of prime Silver! Hugely well done too, an amazing team and some exceptional fishing!

The competition was a very enjoyable part of 2013 and is I feel, an integral part of being a member of The Lure Forum.

I would like to extend an invite to you too, do you fancy joining in the fun?
Maybe Bass isn't your thing, well I have good news! There is also a Wrasse comp, a Pollock comp, Perch comp and a few others to satiate your competitive side.

Check it out by registering here; www.thelureforum.com/register.php

Tight lines

No comments:

Post a Comment