Sunday 2 October 2016

Llyn Bodlyn

We have had some tough bloody conditions lately and I really didn't know if I was going to get out today, as it turns out it was a gorgeous day.
I'm not a massive fan of fishing in bright sunshine these days, its alright for Wrasse and Mackerel but for many predatory species it really isn't great. Of course I went out anyhow, the day was just too nice to waste.

My chosen spot was a lake I had heard about a lot of times but never visited; Llyn Bodlyn near Dyffryn Ardudwy.


Its quite a drive to the lake itself, three miles of rocky track that I'm pretty sure my car isn't going to thank me for!
When I arrived there were trout topping all over the place and I felt optimistic, however the fishing was really tough!
Even the two local fly anglers on the lake were struggling to get fish. I had a follow then a couple of hits which failed to hook up but things were slow.

One of the fly anglers told me of a stream where bait fish congregate on the lake so I headed there, pretty much instantly I got a take on the Duo Spearhead Ryuki 45S but the fish failed to hook up on the single hooks, hen the same a couple of casts later. I had to swap to trebles sadly but it did win me a fish and the dreaded blank was beaten.



I sat down and had a deserved drink and a vape after that.


I stayed until sundown, I figured I may as well and the fish would switch on then,
The fish weren't as good but I had half a dozen or so which was really nice after such a tough afternoon.





I'm unsure if I will return to Llyn Bodlyn, I like the place but i'm uncertain my car will hold up driving up there, a jeep or something would be far more useful!

Tight lines

No comments:

Post a Comment